Monday, December 13, 2004

My new bed

I realize yesterday's baseball post might have been a little inside, but considering my readership (possibly not a real word) consists of only me, I think I'm okay on that. I'd like to post some photos on here to actually attract readers, but I've been blocked from most of the Laguna Beach and O.C. websites for general creepiness. Plus, there's some heavy HTML code involved in making this website as interactive and entertaining as it is so I am working on that. Rest assured, however, that I will be adding "Proficient with HTML" to the resume today.

So I went to buy a bed yesterday for the move to NYC and I found out that it's easier to get a rockhammer into Shawshank than it is to get anything delivered to Manhattan. I actually found a place that will deliver it, but after watching this lady enter information into the computer I'm holding my breath. Her name was Su-Yuan and apparently they have to login to the computer before they can access any information. I watched her attempt this and here's an idea of what it looked like on screen

>SYK
>SYK
>SYK
>SYK
>logSYKin:
>SYK
password:
>SYK SYK SYK
>invaSYKlid loginSYK
>SYK
>SYKlogin:

It was probably the most awesome display of computer working I've ever seen. Finally after about 3 minutes of this, she got in, completely by chance. Then she asked the zip code of delivery and 10016 became 100000078. And this wasn't a typo, this was her actual interpretation of what I said, paying no regard to standard 5 digit zip code, nor the computer howling in apparent pain. Thankfully she let me take over to put the name and address in the system or my bed would be on it's way to Ft. Wayne. I think it's safe to say that I have a 50-60% chance of actually ever seeing this bed.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

Thanks. I'm learning all I need to know about living in the area from you and the other connected bloggers and I think my first order of business will be to install a frozen yogurt machine in my room as catnip. Will this work?

2:55 PM  
Blogger tennesseewhiskey said...

Another 20-something in Murray Hill, wow how odd. I only ever pass through that area while underground, what's it like these days?

5:55 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

There's a lot of buildings around. That's, like, all I see, are buildings.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home