Sunday, December 26, 2004

The Big Day

Christmas was great, blah blah. Gifts that disappoint, family parties filled with too much egg nogg and ham. Mmmmmm, ham. Personal highlight: my in-the-bag 27 year old brother putting my 17 year old cousin in tears on Xmas eve after he bluntly tells her that she and her high school boyfriend won't get married, will break up in 3 months or less, and tries to shake hands to bet on it. All this, in front of the boyfriend's mortified father. Classy.

Tomorrow is the big move to NYC. Real heavy. Psyched, but at the same time, slightly edgy. I know once I get there that I will feel the rush and find my niche, but the first couple of weeks will likely be a challenge. I also don't know what I will do once my life changes from 10:00 wakeup calls and morning waffles to anticipated full time employment. I could be in for a rude awakening. In fact, I know I am in for a rude awakening, but that is why I am doing it. Retired at 25 isn't my desired state of being, it's just a self deprecating blog. It's time for me to make it official, get back to running the mouth, and get back to being A.B..

Wish me luck, see you in NYC.