Friday, December 17, 2004

The Cut-Off Point

Day 3 of waking up before 7:30 am is upon me and taking a toll on your boy big time. I don't understand three days of service on a broken door lock that still actually worked about 50% of the time. When I spoke to the service guy yesterday, he informed me that they have it working about 70% of the time (after two days in the shop) now, which gives me an estimated completion date of never. I don't even want the car any more, just keep it. And I don't know why they feel they have to go over every problem with me in car-shop talk like I'm Mad Mike at West Coast Custom. Talking about kick dashes and asking me if I installed any additional circuitry under the dash. Yeah buddy, I was trying to put some plasma screens and a dishwasher in my trunk and I got stuck on my door lock.

Stopped by Starbucks on the way home from dropping mom off at work for some lukewarm single malt hot chocolate. I felt like Mikey from Swingers in Vegas, "I didn't even want it, I just wanted to order it" and be in the presence of some 1's and 2's on their way to work in their business suits. And me in my sweatpants. I am a scumbag.

Got into the wines a bit last night for Chrismukkah in Newport Beach. I've found I have to dull my senses for this season's episodes in order to be surprised by the otherwise completely predictable story lines. The discount merlot was flowing like water, allowing me to pencil in Coop as an early favorite for an Emmy. I knew I had reached the cut-off point when during the Apprentice finale, I thought to myself, "wow, short Stacy looks HOT!"

And yes I spend much of my day on Craig's List searching for "Casual Encounters".


2 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

You're a better man than I. I fear the day when I have to actually wear a belt.

1:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hilarious post-


"Micheal Jordan NC #23 Jersey"

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home