Thursday, January 06, 2005

No Sleep Till...

I am in love with the two dump trucks that idle their engines outside my windows from the hours of 3-6 am everyday. I never knew 30th street was a late night truck stop. I also don't understand why they can't just shut their engines off instead of revving them up like they are dueling Red Dragons. Needless to say, sleep has been at a minimum thus far and I find myself increasingly edgy. I should be used to this, though. While in San Diego, I had some prime real estate under the airport take-off path. Upon each jet taking off, my apartment would be flooded with noise, drowning out any conversation and/or television for a good 45 seconds. The smell of jet fuel was also a wonderful sedative. However, from 12-6am no flights departed so I could count on at least some reasonable sleep. I have a feeling this is going to be a lot harder to get used to. I have also come to realize that closing curtains does not mute sound.

On another note, I'm really enjoying watching what goes on in the offices in the building across the street on a daily basis. There's many women in the office that are on the business end of much staring and self-groping. One of these days I will locate my roommate's binoculars and really enjoy myself. In the meanwhile I look forward to a possible nap, tonight's new episode of the O.C., and Fresh Direct's delivery of my 30 pack of Budweiser.

UPDATE: Con Edison has officially set up shop outside of the apartment and is staging what appears to be a jackhammer training session. I couldn't make this stuff up. It ruined my ability to hear the episode of the O.C. and then Fresh Direct did not deliver my Labatt's. Bitter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home