Sunday, January 09, 2005

Weekend Recap

I am currently stretching the elastic in my renowned sweatpants to all time great lengths following an ambitious Sunday dinner creation by myself and Co. We tried to think outside of the Foreman/Takeout box and ended up choosing "Italian Style Meatloaf" which narrowly beat out "Tantalizingly Tangy Meatloaf" and "Soft, Moist, and Gooey Cinnamon Buns". Submitted to the cookbook by Stefanie S (I have to give credit where it is due) this meatloaf is "a different twist on everyday meatloaf. I've NEVER had leftovers even when I've tripled the recipe!!". Sold, Stefanie! Raw ground beef, eggs, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese in a mixing bowl was one of the sexiest things I have ever laid eyes on. An hour later I was one-on-one with a most glorious cake tray of leavened beef!

As for the weekend, Friday was first supposed to be a party welcoming yours truly to NYC, but then only 4 people showed up, two of which were roommates of mine. Shortly after, the entire room began to make fun of my hairstyle which I have used for over 3 years and led to the rest of my evening filled with self-doubt. No less than three conversations were made at the bar asking females if they "were into it", to which I was either told "No." or given zero response. I am ready to move home and hear my mom tell me how handsome I am (not in a weird way, really).

Slept till around 3 on Saturday which allowed me to miss the blogger convention that took place. Even mentioning this planned get together of "some internet friends" got me placating smiles and nods from the roommates. However, the internet powers that be would make sure that my Saturday would not go without blogger encounters. Initially it was planned to meet friends for a birthday party at bar called Manahatta, which I tried telling the people at door was a misspelling. Adding to it all was the CHargers heartbreaking loss, the fact that my name was not on a special clipboard at the door, and this bar did not allow gentlemen to enter the bar unaccompanied by females. After asking the bouncer in sunglasses if he was sure he could see the clipboard in the blinding sunlight, we walked up the street to another bar which was more lenient.

It was at this bar that one of greater lines in the pantheon of "Approaches to Women" occurred. Recognizing her from the photos on her webpage, I asked the girl out of nowhere, "Have I seen you on the internet?". Yes, my mojo was on fire last night. But at least my memory served me correct as it was the one and only Kiki. We either had a "super-good" conversation or I completely "super-creeped her out" by recognizing her from her webpage. Either way, I also met JdeG who gave me a flurry of "high-tens" for recognizing her as well and being a Kiki groupie. I was told about the blogger convention of the afternoon which I am now pleased that I did not attend and was also told that my site is funny. This gave me enough confidence to, later in the night, attempt to convert on "the Layup", a friend of my roommate's girlfriend. She was all the way back at the place, at which point I tried to work an angle of her helping me put the clean sheets on my bed. I will not say which way it went, but less than 5 minutes later I was baking a huge batch of nachos in the kitchen with Co to round out my evening.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jimmy said...

Not at that point. You were good. You were Kiki! I definitely had the "friendly eyes" but that could've been me just being starstruck.

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy - Always a pleasure to meet fans. :) High-tens? What are high-tens? Either way, totally sounds like me.
-JdeG

5:56 PM  
Blogger Manhattan Transfer said...

Jimmy--What the fuck do you mean you were glad you didn't atttend? Best thing for you, lad. You should have been ther--MT

6:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aly dudkowski
don't worry, jimmy. you didn't miss much at manhatta. it's wicked dark and the music is way too loud. ;) am I middle-aged or what?!
gonna be in nyc this weekend ... probably at some bar that is wicked dark and way too loud.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Bernie- I will take it anyway I can get it. If online diaries are the ticket to a "love hole" as you say, I will blog forever.

JdeG- Welcome to Retired at 25. I am honored by your presence. And if a high-five is with one hand, a high-ten is both hands. You were very generous with your high tens on Saturday.

MT- No offense meant, just wasn't ready to own up to the drinking with internet friends. Now if it was Body Painting, instead of day-drinking, maybe it'd be a different story.

AlyD- Wicked dark? Just cause you live on the other side of the Charles doesn't allow you to talk like it. Call me up this weekend, Co is going away, I will be all by my lonesome, and looking to booze it.

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jimmy - I'm also a big fan of throwin out the six shooter. Next time I see you, you'll see. XO, JdeG

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home