Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I Think My Time Has Come

It is possible that the time has come. The possibility of the most perfect fit fell right at my feet, I stared at it blankly for a few minutes, and then it hit me- I might actually leave retirement and apply for a job!

The Sports Guy is running a contest to be his new intern which is right in my wheelhouse. The job qualifications:

-Be available for emails from 10am-2pm every day. Check
-Be between the ages of 21-25. Right on the border but, check.
-Surf 30-40 newspapers and websites every morning for the best links. I already do this, get no recognition, nor a paycheck. Check.
-Work 25-30 hours a week. We'll call it "Semi-Retired at 25." Check.

Now it's a matter of wooing the panel of judges by coming up with a 200-400 word essay to get selected. I should mention that the last time I tried out for an ESPN gig (Dream Job), I sweated in line for over 5 hours in 90 degree L.A. weather for a shot. While I did ace the sports trivia portion of the tryout, I unfortunately turned into Kenyon Martin while trying to deliver a Sportscenter-like monologue and was sent packing. However, I think my refined blogging skills can only help to catapult me out of retirement.

Going to work on my essay...



2 Comments:

Blogger farsename said...

Jimmy,

I say that you definitely go for this one and you should keep us all up to date as to what happens... if you get the position, you can then afford to "wine AND dine", and have slightly better self-esteem, as you wont be a well educated, yet, unfortunately unemployed twenty something trying to make it in the city... nuthin like a little self-worth to keep you motivated, and hey, if it does not work out, there is always Hooters, or a bunch of 2's and 3's at the local dive bar!!!

2:22 AM  
Blogger BridalBeer said...

OK, so I am not into sports, I am not in the US but it still feels creepy to be a year too old for something young and cool.

1:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home