Wednesday, January 26, 2005

I Think My Time Has Come

It is possible that the time has come. The possibility of the most perfect fit fell right at my feet, I stared at it blankly for a few minutes, and then it hit me- I might actually leave retirement and apply for a job!

The Sports Guy is running a contest to be his new intern which is right in my wheelhouse. The job qualifications:

-Be available for emails from 10am-2pm every day. Check
-Be between the ages of 21-25. Right on the border but, check.
-Surf 30-40 newspapers and websites every morning for the best links. I already do this, get no recognition, nor a paycheck. Check.
-Work 25-30 hours a week. We'll call it "Semi-Retired at 25." Check.

Now it's a matter of wooing the panel of judges by coming up with a 200-400 word essay to get selected. I should mention that the last time I tried out for an ESPN gig (Dream Job), I sweated in line for over 5 hours in 90 degree L.A. weather for a shot. While I did ace the sports trivia portion of the tryout, I unfortunately turned into Kenyon Martin while trying to deliver a Sportscenter-like monologue and was sent packing. However, I think my refined blogging skills can only help to catapult me out of retirement.

Going to work on my essay...



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home