Tuesday, January 25, 2005

To Dine or Not to Dine

Apparently it is "Restaurant Week" here in New York City, which I have no concept of since I am retired and only eat ham sandwiches at every meal. Speaking of sandwiches, an entry into the Hall of Fame of Sandwiches was created this past Sunday by Co. A magician in the kitchen, Co routinely works wonders with cold cuts and the toaster oven. On Sunday, however, he stepped completely out of bounds with a Peanut Butter and Crouton sandwich. I am not making this up (a picture will follow) and actually laughed myself to sleep last night thinking of it. These were no ordinary croutons either, they were the Pepperidge Farm Generous Cuts, heavily seasoned. This gives you a glimpse into the eating habits of our apartment.

As I was saying this is restaurant week, which I could never afford to handle even on the reduced prices, as my retirement pension is far too meager. That being said, there are plans in the making for young Jimmy and an even younger female to spend an evening on the town this week and this could pose a problem. In days gone by, I was known to woo the females with a strict diet of alcohol. However, that was in Boston where all the girls are high school-aged...I mean college aged(at least the ones I pursued) and the idea of a gentleman-on-the-make buying them anything but the Miller-Lite draft at Mary Ann's was cause for severe moisture. Now, however, I am in NYC where girls expect Tiffany boxes just to get them to open their cell phone, let alone their pants. Normally I would never have thought about taking any girl out for dinner until I read Bernie's post mentioning the fact that it is Restaurant Week, which is every NYC girl's secret agenda to find a sucker (read: me) to take them to dinner. I've essentially already made my decision to wine instead of dine, however if I am completely in the wrong here and this girl is expecting the dinner, please inform me as I would very much like to break out the paws on this young nubile.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

peanut butter and croutons, tuna and croutons and onions and cuc and month old lettuce and roasted red peppers and ranch up on a tomotao and basil wrap,...whatever, it's good living. when you're living life fully with a fresh dry spike, it just does not get better that generous cuts and tap water (out of the door of the fridge).

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aly
I resent that Jimmy. Most of us Boston girls have upgraded to Amstel Lite. Not me though, I'm a Miller Lite girl to the grave ... I always was the easy one of my friends. ;)

9:37 PM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Bernie- Unfortunately I saw this once I got home last night, alone. Suprisingly it went well, although she did tell me that I reminded her of the kid from Scrubs/Garden State. (Sigh, head droops down)

But I am very much interested in "cheap dates" as well as 7's and 8's if you are not lying to me.

Kiki- I have missed you this week...

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home